Hot Water Extraction cleaning process for carpets involves the use of water elements for removing dirt particles, stains and odor from rugs, upholstery, domestic and residential carpets. Like Dry Water Cleaning, it also requires the use of industrial grade equipment while it is recommended that a professional should perform the process in order to achieve intended results. Hot Water Extraction cleaning process has its own advantages over Dry Cleaning and it is used under circumstances where the stains are hard to be removed through other methods.
In this process, more time is required as compared to other methods since the drying and dwelling time is involved. However, the process is more durable and the cleaning is for a long period of time. Similarly, since the cleaning is done with the help of hot water and little to no detergent needs to be used, it is economical and less impacting on the quality of the fabric.
Common Equipment and Supplies used in Hot Water Extraction cleaning
A high-grade industry equipment is required in this process in order to smoothly apply the hot water and then suck it back after some time. Following is the list of some of the equipment and supplies required in this cleaning process:
- Industry Grade Hot Water Extraction Equipment: There are numerous brands, which are selling this equipment having standard features and specifications. This equipment is used to heat up the water in its chamber and inject it into the upholstery or carpet, which needs to be cleaned. Similarly, this equipment is also used to suck the water from the subject to be cleaned.
- Vacuum Cleaner: In order to remove the dirt and large particles before starting the Hot Water Extraction cleaning process.
- Detergent or Chemical: Very Little amount of detergent or chemical can be used in order to remove the hard stains as well as remove the odor from the carpet.
How to Perform the Hot Water Extraction Process?
There are standard steps, which can be followed in order to perform the Hot Water Extraction cleaning process using the industry grade equipment. Following are some steps for performing the process:
- Vacuum clean the area, which needs to be cleaned before starting the hot water cleaning process.
- Now, put the water in the chamber of the industrial grade equipment and let it heat up for some time. Recommended time will be mentioned on the manual of the equipment, which should be adhered to.
- Now, add a minute amount of detergent in the water if the stains are hard.
- Start to apply the hot water by moving the industry grade equipment over the carpet in stripes. Start from one end of the carpet and reach the other end.
- Hot water will break the bond between the dust particles and the carpet fibers. It will remove the stains from the carpet as well. Let the water settle and dry as per the recommended time.
- Now, using the machine, extract the water back from the carpet. Dust and sand particles will be removed along with water. Almost 95% of water will be removed while other amounts will dry over the course of time.